Although there are plenty of pests that call Belton, Texas, home, none has created as much buzz over the last few years as the mosquito. With the Zika virus added to the list of health risks that stem from a mosquito bite, it's important to mist your property for mosquitoes to ensure your family isn't in danger. At MosquitoNix, our team of pest control professionals knows how to apply the right treatment and resolve your infestation while prioritizing your safety.
How to Identify a Problem With Mosquitoes on Your Property
Mosquitoes usually have long and thin legs, featuring one pair of wings and a head that has a prominent proboscis. Their wings and bodies are covered in small scales, and adults range in size from 3 to 9 mm.
Adult female mosquitoes often feed on blood to help reproduce their eggs, but both males and females also feed on the nectar from varying flowers. During their immature stages, you can usually find mosquitoes in standing or stagnant water.
During this stage, the larvae feed on different materials, usually consuming organic flotsam and microscopic aquatic organisms. But some species are predatory in nature and will consume other mosquitoes.
Adult mosquitoes are most active from dusk until dawn, but they can become active during the day if there's sufficient cloud cover or if they're lingering in shaded areas. They don't like being active in the sun, as they can desiccate and die.
Top Signs You Might Have a Mosquito Infestation
- There's a lot of standing water located around your home.
- There are a lot of dim and shaded areas located around your home.
- You suffer from bites when wandering around your home at dusk or dawn.
- You see large groups of mosquitoes flying around your property.
- You hear large groups of mosquitoes buzzing around your property.
How to Deal With a Mosquito Infestation on Your Property
Considering the many diseases that mosquitoes can carry and transmit to humans via a bite, it's vital that you take back control of your property and health if you suspect you have a mosquito infestation. While your first call should be to MosquitoNix, here are some other tips to help you deal with mosquitoes on your property.
Top Tips to Deal With and Avoid Mosquitoes on Your Property
- Get rid of standing or stagnant water in your yard.
- Apply a spray or lotion that contains DEET when outside.
- Put the sandals away when the sun has set and cover your feet.
- Eat your BBQ dinners indoors if you aren't protected outdoors.
- Tent your patio and set some citronella candles around it.
If you're in need of immediate mosquito control in Belton, Texas, or the surrounding communities, contact MosquitoNix at (512) 829-1212. We look forward to swatting away your mosquito problem once and for all.